Friday, September 30, 2005

Ten random things about my day of being a "receptionist"
1. Getting thirsty, headache and a fever (due to lack of sleep)
2. Some people have names that are so difficult to spell and I write them in my own interpretation. (imagine my supervisor fainting when she sees the rough work)
3. Some people have emails that are so difficult to piece together, and I got the A-B-Cs all wrong.
4. Some people have names that are so difficult to pronounce and I silently pray they dont pick up so that I wouldnt need to embarrass myself.
5. Its not easy being a receptionist. After going for toilet visit (I had 4 since morning today), I dont feel like calling again.
6. I listen to so many different kind of ringing tones that they sound like mobile phone ringing.
7. I get so frightened when I am speaking and heard nothing over the phone. In general, I am the kind who are most afraid of silent when there is the presence of someone. Shucks.
8. Its quite difficult to use the phone and type at the same time, especially when you want to make sure your (my) rebonded hair remains straight as ever.
9. You know I am done with being a receptionist when I blogged with many exclamation marks throughout my blog (happy!)
10. You know I am getting happier as I end my phone conversation with "Have a nice day!"

One interesting thing is, one of my phone call was directed to Australia and I was like "HUH!"

If there is one thing I want to tell you today,
As much as you are my strength most of the time, the later of today is definitely not-one-of-those-most-of-the-time. You made me tired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pronouncing people's name is the thing i hate when calling some place up.

Imagine calling it up, then because the name is weird, you pronounce softly. Then the other party will "huh?", then you pronounce louder, in your heart you can hear the person laughing at your when she/he reconfirmed the person's name. Awww. I hate that. :(

10:49 PM  
Blogger siying said...

ya loh... is like erm so hard to pronounce... erm next time let u see some names haha really dont know how to say loh...

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home