Thursday, August 25, 2005

While in school, I was preparing for project discussion supposedly to be held on Sunday (thanks!) and I am amazed this must have been one of the rare times. I dont do that in the past.

The past
We would often brainstorm the choice of our project topic over lunches (and it is always you who came out with the brillant ideas), over TV, over the phone... Anything but a proper discussion. Didnt need that! Then we would spend most of those periods practically doing nothing much. No worries too, because it seems like we worked best under pressure. Deadline-pressure I mean. Even if we meet every week (remember IA?), what did we achieve? Erm some initial headways
but nothing critical nor important. Then many early and long lunches. Throw in some shopping trips. Then the deadlines will loom over us, normally with me reminding you during one of those long and almost daily phone chats. And since we are in the same class for almost all our lessons, all the project deadlines will come at once! Haha. Pressured? Stress? With you around, the only thing I can feel is tiredness! Remembered the IA & CF semester? We felt as though our bodies are coming apart, eyelids too heavy to open, brains too packed to absorb anything else, all the time are spend on reading, even over Chinese New Year.. Tough yet thinking back, both of us enjoyed those times most, even when our sundays are spent in school, running around buz and law faculty, affording only Mac for dinner.

Anyway remembered yesterday I said I must be contented with things? Yes, despite the one thing I want to tell you today, I am still very much contented. And you know something? Being contented breeds reward too. My reward was when you called yesterday. Was around 11:22pm already. Trying to hurry my printer to finish chucking out my readings and I already switched off my mobile, leaving only my MSN switched to BUSY (lazy to personalize to ABOUT TO SLEEP) mode. Then my home phone rang. Didnt even think it would be you, it would be for me. But that one hour chat is my reward for being contented with what I have. *smucks* So I must continue to be so.

Then WY came over to lunch with me. YIPEE! Think all my friends kinda know that I dislike lunching alone and if I do, I would skip it. Yet one thing that striked me today was when I was lunching with WY, I saw YH eating alone. Didnt ask him to join us mainly because he isnt our common friend. And he looked alright eating alone, though I dont know if anyone is alright eating alone. But I asked myself if I am being too childish and over-reliance such that I always need someone to sit opposite of the table, talk and eat with me? Without any answers, I can only say that I am fortunate enough to have you with me for that two years.

Anyway, I finished today as though with you by my side. Our text messages never really stopped since 8am all the way till 7pm. Made me feel as though you were with me once again.

Wanted to end but I remembered something again. Its about addias (or adidas). If you dont remembered, let me introduce him again. He is the first person I saw when I came into Business School for tutorial (exclude lecture, because I was late for half an hour on my first lecture and couldnt remember how the rest went). If you doubt my memory (which on other occasions I would agree as well), then you are wrong this time. He left me with a deep impression because of many reasons. One reason was because he had shades of brown hair back then, and he was in my first tutorial class. The second reason was because immediately after my first tutorial was my second tutorial, and he was in the same class too. Since lessons in our first semester were arranged for us by the school, must have been quite a coincidence. Another reason was because the perception of him being very filial when he brought his parents around school. The reason for this is because I feel that even though my parents would drive me to school, they never got down and went around the place in which I spend lots of time in. So after that occasion when I saw addias bringing his parents around, showing them the various places, I brought my mum around too. Dad didnt really want to leave his car that time. And because my mum hadnt been to University before, words like "lectures" and "tutorials" remain a rather abstruct concept. Which I understand totally, especially now. Because like when you were telling me stuff about your work, the best picture I could draw is also part of my imagination. Your workplace becomes the impossible land for me.

Anyway continuing with addias. Though we were in the same classes for four modules (two from the first semester and two from this current semester), we never really talk. Despite YY being our common friend, we also didnt have a chance to talk. Subsequently he did talk to me once, because he is leaving for exchange in York (the same place I would have been to as well). Anyway, all my friends who saw him before (coincidently all my close friends "met" him before) didnt think he look nice at all, except ND who said he looked alright. But I guess when I like it, looks really are secondary. And looks are secondary to me. Perhaps because I am not pretty, so I formed such a perception. Or perhaps because I really look beyond appearances, especially in my partner. Who wants a handsome lad who cant stay faithful in a marriage? At least not me. I think the most beautiful marriage/ relationship comes when my partner loves me, when he is reliable and faithful. Simple.

Still not done with addias. Anyway he was doing his GSM presentation jus now and since our group is presenting next week, we wanted to know if reports are required. So I asked him, and he is really friendly. But thats all we discussed. Hope that I can know him, personally. I know this is real long. If you are still here, either you want to read the end of this entry on the I-want-to-tell-you-thing, or you really finish this. But anyway thanks.

If there is one thing I want to tell you today,
it is that I will trade anything for the time together. In any way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home