Friday, November 19, 2004

Its only one paper out of three that I have completed, but the next moment I was hanging around in Orchard. lright, but at least it wasnt planned. I only intend to stay behind to blog, to hang around with my friend, let my mind off buz policy and maybe go home, sleep (since I hadnt been sleeping very well for the whole week already. beats me! and last nite I only slept for 5hours) and watch some TV.

But anyway was walking to arts with sy for lunch. Then he said its warm and crowded and so we jus took the car, and ya as though its automatic, we were already in Orchard. Actually its nothing much, something we always will do, sometimes in between lessons even. But listening to the pop songs in his car is an enjoyable thing. Had lunch @ Hans, Far East. Had fish N chips! Yaps, its delicious. Go try it if you hadnt! And the decor is quite 'in' also. I know whenever he is there, he would be thinking about things that happened in the past, so I didnt talk much. The other time when he mentioned so, I didnt ask. I always believe that I would rather listen to the truth whenever you want to tell me, rather than listening to lies when you reply to my questions. I am not referring to any particular event. This is jus one of my philosophy for life. You can tell me whenever you want to, because you are sure that I would be there for you, but you can keep quiet because you know I would respect that too. I think someone told me that it is a very non- feminine characteristic. I dont know if so. Another common philosophy of mine is, as long as you are happy, nothing else is important (even if it means spending too much on something you like). And one last one to share with you, I always respect my friends. I try to accept them as whoever they are. I hope I am successful in sticking by to these philosophies that I believe in. Anyway the fish N chips is nice, so I jus concentrated on my food,
quietly. And ice cream @ Taka. Bel chocolate is nice but I think strawberry is better than Springdear's (though I cannot remember their new name now) @ Parkway Parade.

But anyway even before I reached home, in fact at the bus stop only, I was half wet. My bag's wet too. Keke mentioning about bag and I am reminded of the bag I saw @ Far East. 39.90bucks but it looks classically nice. Really. Ok even sy agreed. But we always happened to have similar taste (a good thing and a bad thing too.) haha we are an index portfolio with STI, it definitely has a small tracking error and yap my dear investor will be earning good dollars. Anyway, back to the bag, I didnt mean to spot it (quoting from him, this is supposedly the highest level for an addicted shopholic), but I jus walked by, and I heard the bag whispering softly in my ears, 'sh shh, come here, walk over here, see Im so nice right, you would like me, pick me up, ya, see you like me right, ya put me on you, stand in front of the mirror, see Im so nice on you, why dont you bring me home...' Ya so I did pick it up, I did put it
on me, I did stand in front of the mirror and admire. And I even ask for the price tag. Actually I know that 40bucks for a bag is expensive, at least it is not very cheap, and I know I wil buy it if I happened to be in the buying mode. But I really wasnt.

It was as though there is something at the back of my mind that is contributing to that tinkling of sadness in me. The sadness isnt obvious, especially in the sea of 'Orchard- and- Xmas- atmosphere'. I dont know if anyone notice that tiny weary bit of sadness, but at least I am aware of it myself. That sadness lingered around, though I really feel relieved after the exam, because I really have been studying that. Its as though the snake sheds its skin in the summer
(or isit winter, oppss I forgot), feel so much fresher, much relaxed. Especially with the rain. Though wet, I felt the air around me is fresher and has this crystal-green smell (ok try to imagine that).

I dont know but I know something somewhere isit really right. I mean normally after such a intense period of studying, dropping by Orchard would spur me on this little shopping spree. Though I saw a nice presentation dress @ Far East (which is not too expensive also), though I saw the bag, I wasnt really in an urge to own it. I am not saying that if I dont buy things that I like there must be something wrong with me, but I jus feel that there is something wrong with me. Or maybe I am even wrong on this. But anyhow even if there is something wrong, I am not interested to know. Not curious to know. Why tried to uncover a potential bomb or problem when things are alright the way they are? Jus be me. Or perhaps Im thinking too much. Maybe its jus because I would be going Bangkok so Im trying to save till then... so jus go watch Charlie's Angels & Bridget Jones Diary that I taped, then wait for dinner and Sly. Pray that Sly is in, because he is my shining star in my life ie he's the shining star if Im an undecorated christmas tree.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seng Yong said...

If you are sick, must go for therapy on time, even if you miss only one, you will become more sick. Buy lah buy lah.....

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home