Friday, August 29, 2008


An unrelated photo indeed, but is this too much to wear in The Office?


I am a very lazy/passive and last minute person when it comes to arranging for social activities, say lunches with colleagues or meeting up friends. It doesnt help at all that I dont have many close friends or colleagues that I bother to maintain close contacts with/desire very much to meet on a regular basis. A believer and heavy user of emails/msn/sms/blog to maintain communications with my friends, I/you can see my fit in the Telecom/IT industry. I find myself MSN-ing my colleague at 11:45am to ask if they want to do lunch at 12noon, in which most people would have gotten their lunch partners confirmed by the time they finished their breakfast. With Mon, Wed and Fri almost always booked for sports, and the fact that my office is located in the midst of not one but three shopping malls, even in the killer's heel I can do shopping.

When I first started work (and couldnt adjust to the working environment), I am keen enough to (walk to the train station and) take a train to town (read: Orchard) to meet my friends for lunch. I no longer am keen on this,- rather channel the energy to swims or runs. The cost of transport, on top of a-usually-more-expensive-than-foodcourt lunch, isnt that good in terms of the dollars and cents too. I never used to enjoy sports, but now sports is something that I can rely on, without fail-the rain can keep me out of the pool but I still have the gym; I can do it on my own.

So until I can find a focus in life that I can rely on, I am glad I have a pool and a trendmill to take me in.

If there is something I want to tell you today
As much as a loner, I am equally an extrovert.

Come September though, I have one more reason to be more active in meeting up with friends (in Sushi Tei to take advantage of the birthday month 20% discount given by their ST card that is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home