Thursday, August 28, 2008


From Google image


I (sometimes) function like a kid between the age of 3 and 5. I need to be occupied (by toys) else I will be feeling bored and thereby mildly depressed, like what I am feeling now. Depressed is a word I hadnt quite used in a while largely because I was busy with searching for suitably priced and located hostels/hotels for the NY trip over CNY (imagine 40 over in the list to finally narrowed down to the one) and then the Vienna & Prague trip, and subsequently busy with the Tunnel Project. The project has since gone into a different sort of tunnel now but it wasnt as occupying as it was.

And you know for a fact that 3 (I try) out of 5 lunches were taken up by either a run or a swim. But I reckoned that my body does need a rest and so it cant take up all 5 of my lunches, though it would have been nice if I have a tennis coach over lunch to drill me some proper tennis skills (yes, we have two tennis court by the pool over here, and yes the tennis ball does get into the pool at times). And the fact that shopping hasnt been that successful recently (help me understand why would a t-shirt be priced at $69, or even $75, no matter what brand it is from?), I was feeling mildly depressed/dejected today. Being a sports person you should know Coke is bad keep ringing in my mind so Coke had been unable to save my day. Maybe I was jus socially deprived, though jus is really an understatement considering that I go for social dinner say once a month these days- blame it on the fact that I dont have much energy left after work, blame it on the comfortable sofa at home or blame it on the fact that I am fully utilising the TV since I/the family paid TV licence fees for having one at home.

Come Friday, come my sport lunch again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... you don't usually lunch with colleagues / friends / hot dates?

Very dedicated to sport! I have not exercise even once during lunch at all, I think.

8:41 PM  
Blogger siying said...

Haha, I do lunch with my colleagues, but more of ad hoc basis rather than a regular arrangement.

I used to travel out of Suntec to meet friends for lunch (when I first started work and couldnt get used to working life), but after a while it become too tiring (walking to the train station and back is time consuming/tiring) and more expensive (to pay for transport on top of lunch).

Dont have close friends working around Suntec area, or I guess like what you said, I was "into" sports than I gotten to lazy to arrange for any lunch activities than sports.

And largely also because I am a last minute person, so last minutes dont usually give me much options. Haha!

(by the way, your comments gave me some writing inspirations/ideas, thanks!)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I saw it. You welcome!)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home