My theories/principles/beliefs in life have always been simple, but it seems like simplicity itself is a problem as well.
One such case is increasingly apparent/is already a problem as I see it flows through from the personal life to corporate: when it is not my mistake, yes even if my goal is to get things going/done/resolved, I will not volunteer/ admit it is my mistake.
My simple "theory" holds for all situation, regardless of whether I can profit from the situation (if I admit its my mistake when it is not) or not. I believe in the theory because I believe there is law and justice in every/any case, and there are certainly cases whereby there is a right and a wrong. Perhaps there is always a very thin line between my so-called simple theory and being (a) inflexible, or (b) arrogant/self-centered.
How I have been coping all these whiles is that many times I kept quiet, but silence should not be taken to be an admission of a mistake.
I dont think I am a confused soul, but more of a misfit.



2 Comments:
Hmmm ... I wish I could offer more intelligent thought but with the limited information, my thought to share is ... at times it is not about admitting that it is our fault in a corporate environment. It is about taking responsibility. I have from time to time admitted mistakes of others because I am somewhat responsible to that piece of work / decision.
Like recently I went on compliance leave. Decisions have been made by my boss and my subordinate while I was away and when I was back, thing didn't turn out right, I have to take the responsibility, acknowledge the oversight and move on.
Thanks for your comments... it did provide me with a sort of diff view. remaining silence so that "things can move on" rather than keep arguing over whos at fault was how I handle it... I am all ready to take the responsibility of eg resolving things/ pushing things to move forward...
Post a Comment
<< Home