Saturday, October 11, 2008


"Our new syle Tofino offers two varieties of a streamlined thong-sandal in a single shoe: the first version is a sandal with ergonomically formed thong, which is connected to the instep strap with a longitudinal strap. The connection strap piece can, however, be unfastened with a simple touch so that the second versionof the Tofino is created: a thong-sandal with detached thong, which can be dorated with a matching stick-on flower." This is pretty in pink.
Its an irony that as much as marketers are employed to sell the products I find myself trusting these products much less. Especially if the marketers arent local. Worse of all, instead on focusing on the true functionality of the product, the manufacturers chose to O-N-L-Y focus on the asthetic features.

The day was spent searching for suitable cushioned shoes and/or heel cushion to reduce the pressure on the heels but in vain. One (un-pretty) solution is to wear Birkenstock for the daily 30 mins walk from City Hall to The Office, and back. Even so, its tagged at $120, the (pretty pink) pair that I spotted.

And as much as I would imagine myself to design something and sell it at a high price, I still cant bear spending $120 on a dress or $70 on a necklace. Is there really no balance between individuality and affordability. Isnt spending $70 on a necklace ridiculous- I suppose because we attached different values to how much we think a necklace is worth. We value money differently such that the $70 necklace will be sold to someone for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home