Tuesday, October 07, 2008

From what I read online, 5 ways to treat heel pain, also known as plantar fasciitis:

1. Decrease activity level
2. Try an ice massage, 20 mins twice a day
3. Stretch your calf
4. Take anti-inflammatory medications
5. Wear supportive shoes



Within my means I think I will try to pad up my shoes and rest more over the weekends. Argh! I mean I can take pain as long as I can maintain my current activity levels, but the risk is always that prolong periods of pain can bring about worse consequences that I cant imagine.

Though one piece of advice is- losing weight. So losing weight is a legitimate thing to do now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How effective and fast is anti-inflammatory medications do you know? Last time when we went up Mount K, my friend said that in army, they have anti-inflammatory injection to have instant relief!

8:23 AM  
Blogger siying said...

Actually I dont really know. But there is risk that it covers the pain but not cure the root of the problem?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home