Anyway magazines is one of those things that I need much convincing before willing to fork out money on. There are always things we splurge on, others we try not to. And this is my list of saving more money- my money rarely goes into all these:
1. Magazines
Rather than having them dusty under the coffee table, the internet/blogs have provided much of all the entertainment/fashion news that I need.
2. Cabs
I cant stand sitting in the car seeing the money gone by the meter.
3. Bags
I do have quite a few bags but they are relatively cheap. I cant spend like hundreds or even thousands on a unique bag/designer bag that 1 out of 4 women on the street owns as well. Maybe item 3 should be "Branded stuff" instead- I wouldnt want to pay for the one-page newspaper ad, the billboard ad, the model's fee or jus the brand names.
4. Watches
I love them but then I dont really need them. When I am at my desk, the computer tells the time. When I am away from my desk, my mobile/ipod tells the time. And its too expensive for me to regard them as an accessory.
5. Good food every day
Other than the fact that I am watching my weight/health, I couldnt convince myself spending so much on food. So special offers/anything below $3, 4 bucks works. Better still if its at the good old days of $2(.50).
6. Accessory
I know how they say accessory can add spice up your dressing, but I find them often overpriced/at risk of being discard as out-of-fashion. So I love going through the drawers to see what my mother has.
7. Wines
I dont drink wines/alcohol other than those occasional slips so that I can knock-out-and-sleep-through-the-night, but I do know of people who spend (alot) on that.
8. Movies/CDs
The fact that I am lacking of a proper social life probably explains that I dont usually have someone to go to the movies with. Yet I am not really interested into expensive entertainment if you have already spotted the pattern.
9. Money spend from additional trips made
Maybe this is also because of the fact that I am generally lazy, but if I can somehow combine trips then I do save on transport fee etc.
10. Town VS home
This idea seems more pronounced as a tourist but the fact that if I can get something cheaper from my neighbourhood, then I shouldnt be getting that in town at a more expensive price.
If there is something I want to tell you today
If I keep having the mentality that getting-this-will-make-me-happy, then it will be increasingly difficult to make myself happy.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home