Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Banks/investment firms must have been one of those places anyone trained in finances would at a point in time look forward/wish to join. The glamous, the achievements, and the bits about making money and doing everything like the books equip us to have. So to read the details of them collapsing, and see photos of people packing up and leaving, you wonder about the cores/anchors/uncertainities in life. Am I glad that I dont have to worry about if I still have my job tomorrow, yes I am.

And then I again wonder if age (or ignorance) has anything to do with my courage (or stubborn-ness) in the decisions I made/will make. Like traveling alone. Like operating beyond my limits. Like doing what I inherently like, say laze at home, than whats necessary to maintain a normal, social life.

Still, and regardless right or wrong (decisions), a part of me appreciate the guts I have, at times. I dont want to come to a stage/age in life to realise that I am incapable of doing all the things that I have tried.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... I have been in the consulting business (lots of ups and downs) and also in the financial business (especially now), the only thing that is consistent is change itself. So I am actually very used to units coming up and then dissolve. To remain resilience, I need to build my own network and to know that if I am good, I can always find another job elsewhere.

So you enjoy traveling alone ah?

10:25 PM  
Blogger siying said...

Hmm I wonder why when I dont have a car/house/family/kids/luxurious lifestyle to maintain but I still feel it will be terrible to suddenly lose a job (and the salary). I supposed its certainty and stability thats scary.

Haha. Jus happened that I dont have traveling companion for my last 2 trips. I guess traveling alone/with other ppl are 2 different things but I enjoy being on my own (and having all the freedom) though it will definitely be mroe fun to eg go to Disneyland with other ppl?

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home