Sunday, August 10, 2008

As I am glued to the tv watching those swings and jumps and bounces, those nervous preparations before their turns, the satisfaction grip or the disappointing cries, the afternoon gymnastics session that put me to sleep taught me to better do something at the same time to keep myself awake.

It was 2 years, 2 months and 10 days since I've started working and how has it changed me. I never used to run and swim as much but now they have become something I do for 2-3 days before/after work or during lunch. I never would have thought of travelling alone, or know that I am capable of doing that. But at the same time it makes me keep to myself more and more as I treasured those after-work hours. I am in town 5 days in a week, so Orchard is no longer that much of a I-wish-to-go-shopping place.

And have I said, I have tried to cut down daily breakfast diet of coke to the maximum of a can a week.

Then at the same time I wonder if I have enough of this 8 months of freedom and fun to get back into the studying mode.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too have glued to the TV.

My office floor has a pantry. Inside, we have a huge refrigerator that is loaded with can drinks. Interestingly - and shocking to some of my colleagues - I seldom even drink any can drinks. I stick to water.

You have a daily break diet of coke?! O.o The full sugar one or the diet one? I have not had a sugar one for perhaps more than 10 years.

4:32 AM  
Blogger siying said...

Yeah now I am watching swimming mens final haha

Woo thats nice but it probably would be bad for me to have endless supply of can drinks. For my side, I have to go down to Carrefour and carry a dozen cans of coke up to my cubicle.

I used to drink coke for breakfast but not everyday. I love the sugar one haha! 10 years?!?!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home