The Greek Masterpiece from Louvre at the National Museum of Singapore (exhibition ending this coming Sunday)
The 130 pieces were of course a chip of the Louvre but it was supposedly the largest number of pieces to ever be transported out of Paris.
The significance of seeing the pieces is that I might have seen them in Paris and now they have flew to my homeland. And the significance of seeing them together was sort of a second, in fact the third, chance already. Maybe this is considered the lucky part, because how many times is there the third chance. The first in Paris was probably a week apart. The second ended in a slight unhappiness and very silent cereal. The idea of dropping off to visit the museum on my own soften to becoming another attempt the following week. This time, in midst of rain and sunshine, throwing my slides aside for a while and the silly I-forget-my-wallet-and-so-we-must-walk-back-to-get-it and that dont-know-will-go-until-where tunnel, we joined in this english tour. Simply put across to us were many histories, flings, love, death, war, lives, background, stories, illustration, restoration work, I was deeply engrossed. Listening, I came to realise that I was constantly educated and surrounded by the many greek figures, jus that I hadnt realise, Venus, Cupid, Neop, Aeop, Columius the giant (I am sure I got the spelling wrong but I learnt about him in my secondary 1/2 literature).
Still always turning round to look out for I-supposedly-always-in-silly-troubles-me, asking if I can see, and getting me to stand in front of the crowd so that I can stop jumping over the heads or trying to peek in between of heads.
The lighting thought of visiting Dublin was mostly scattered when told that nothing much, things all so expensive, and that I cant be imaged to be in Edinburg for this scotland capital sells fresh air and natural scenery. Well, I am sure I am such a girl too, when I am not H&M-ing or Mango-ing.
Recalling the places that I want to visit- Venice at 17 years of age, Prague in 2006 and Prague again now, Italy probably in 2007, and now (and almost always) Greece.
I am going to try to travel more, because I love, and because I find myself growing more curious of the world when I keep learning more than what the silly me in here would have know. Supposedly (if I didnt get the name wrong) Pluto's teacher said that, "I only know one thing for sure, that is I know nothing". Of course he too said that "Beware of the emptiness in the busy life".
I wonder where next I will be, and how traveling would be to me then.
Left, and I told myself that the moment the bus first appears in front of me, whatever the ipod sings will apply to me. My silly game came to the point that sings this isnt love.
And I am fighting for time to read `Letters from Prague by Sue Gee, which I enjoyed quite abit largely because I too had been at Gare du Nord and in trains crossing borders, because I had my share of sleeping (alone) in a foreign country, and because I had my jourey of the gothic architecture and Hotel de Ville. So I find reading the book to be a illlusionary escape to the Europe.
This post was written while on the bus home and yes I will now embrace my slides before pangs of guilt and panic set in.
Jus a day away from msn I already find it a distance.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home