Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The satisfaction from doing an unbroken 5km run is immerse. What used to puzzled me about how people seem to be addicted to running no longer puzzle me. Running is as addictive, if not more, as drinking coke. You sweat, your body moves. You breathe hard, and you feel alive. Previously once a week 1+ km run and 1+ km brisk walk satisfy me. Sometimes I even feel that I have to drag myself to put on that pair of running shoes and then another dragging force to get to the running track. Now, my body tells me its time to run if I hadnt been running. This week, had been 5km one day apart (and I planning one more 5km jus because I cant swim this week and you say running is better, can get thin faster). Other than my inner pride to must be thinner than you and therefore every time I hear you running I immediately want to dash out and outdo (still I dont understand why I have to compete with you on everything but I jus feel so competitive at times like this), it seems to be my ever-lasting never-ending evergreen lifelong goal to be thin, lean and fit anyway. In which eating sandwiches for lunches wouldnt work miracles on its own.

Yet on the other hand each time after my run, I get very conscious of how my body is reacting. On Monday, my knees clamped on me and it feels so painful to even walk. Today, my heart seems to beat super duper zuper auper fast until I cant even feel the heartbeat. Maybe its jus me thinking too (too) much.

Whether it helps to reduce depression? I must say this satisfying run does its share of that. At least my very-bended hair from using the hairband all day becomes straight-perfect after the run. And at least I think I feel slightly better, hoping that I can sleep through the night. And at least tomorrow when you whine about your lack of running/ you showing off your running records, I too have mine to share.

But really, I hope my passion for running follows me for life. At least it is one way (I think) I know that I am taking care of my body (other than the fact that I drown myself in coke and instant noodles and smaller portion of food that my body needs, sometimes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home