28 June 2007 Barcelona: S$50 dinner
By evening time, around 6pm, we were hungry for dinner. And I dont mean tapas. During preparation, I read that people in Barcelona normally dont take dinner till 10pm. They normally have a drink or tapas at around 6pm. Being my first half day there, and for not used to having dinner at 10pm, we decided to jus go ahead for rice. Randomly picked a cafe, and ordered seafood paello for two, calamari (because the rice is taking so long to be served) and drinks (some soda with lemonade as there wasnt a Drinks Menu, so we followed suit what the people from the other table were having). We soon realised that each staff has his own duty, e.g. taking orders, serving food, and they would not cover duties of other staff even if they are free. Anyway the calamari was normal, but the seafood paello was served in a huge pan. So huge that I nearly vomitted after finishing half of it. It is not a taste that I recognised but I like what I put into my mouth.
The bill came, another shock. The drink alone costed S$7+ and the overall bill is S$50 (now, my memory is doing bad, I cannot remember is that for one, or for two).



1 Comments:
oh expensive, very high
Post a Comment
<< Home