28 June 2007 Barcelona Dames: Excellent
Apartments in Barcelona Dames in Barcelona C/ Dames nº1
I love the apartment. Even though it took me many tries (and many days) before I could recognise my way back to the apartment, it is located jus 15 to 20 minutes away from the lively and you-can-get-anything-you-want La Rambles. Jus need to nagviate through some streets which you can see the Barcelona Cathedral, cross the road, walk up the slope, come to a huge parade ground, walk down the slope and there it is. I didnt know that the apartment is located "in the best part of the Gothic Quarter or centre of Barcelona ¨El Born¨ a place with special atmosphere, full of narrow, winding streets" until I go back to read the description from the website. It is also surrounded by cafes (not cheap) and little shops.
The most amazing thing about this apartment is that the lift is a private one that takes you directly to your apartment. So TCS-drama like. I love it especially when the lift opens, the cold air from the room greets me and I see my bed in front of me.
The apartment is small. Apart from the beds, a cupboard, a cabinet/desk, the small kitchen that cant take two person at one time, and the toilet, there is jus enough space for two chairs (to dry my clothings), a heater and some space for (littering) luggage. But its super duper enough for me. Small (and messy) and modernly elegant with white and teak brown being its main colours. Clean and fully equipped. Fridge, cooking utensils, tv (jus couldnt find the remote to switching on the TV but I supposed not knowing Spanish would not do us any better with the TV on), enough blankets and toilet rolls.
I like it when I could stand on my white-linen bed and look into the mirror above the bed. I like the green window that opens to the world outside. I like to draw the curtains down, I like to draw the curtains back. I like the little balcony and the fences. I like the washing basin and how there is another little balcony at the back of the kitchen. I like the private lift. I like how you can always open the other door and takes the stairs down. Jus like me when I was in the hurry. I jus fell in love with the place. And it makes me realise what they said were right: paying much more for a comfortable accomodation can really improve your mood during your holiday. I guess eventually it boils down to how much more, the maths.
I agreed that it could get a little noisy at night since it is surrounded by cafes underneath it. But I am totally fine with it, especially when great shopping tires you out, you dont really find it noisy. Plus, you probably need more adjustment to the fact that the sun doesnt set till around 9,10pm at night than the noise below. Whats more, I dont get disturb when the cafes open in the morning, often sleeping well into 9, 10am. Jus bring a eye mask and it will do you fine. It was one of the three most useful things I've brought along. The other two being mp3 files in my mobile phone and hair dryer.
The only thing I could thought of that this apartment lacks is there is only one plug above the heater and another in the toilet. It would be useful to be able to use the heater and charge the mobile phone at the same time. Oh and it doesnt come with a hair dryer but I think if I will bring along my own whenever I am in Europe *smucks*.
Lastly, I saw the review of the apartment on the website and agreed that the staff handling the check in/ check out is helpful, especially when she speaks good English and places faith in you.
I supposed there are other choices out there, but I would love to be back in the apartment when back to Barcelona.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home