28 June 2007 Barcelona: La Rambles Shopping, the best so far
So I put down my luggage, changed into easy clothings for shopping and hit the streets. I remembered I felt insecured to leave my passport in the apartment or in my bag, but it looked weird to have them having over my neck. In the end, I left it in my bag but made sure I checked that it is still there each time I open my bag.
In fact, the sling bag that I am using has a little bag pinned onto it. I put all my valuables into the little bag and zipped it up. Jus in case they decided to cut open my sling bag, nothing will fall off from my bag to allow them to pick and run. Jus in case.
The colours of clothing excites me. Pink, yellow and green. Everywhere. Shopping has never been better. In fact even walking into the shops is a great thing to do, because the designs of the shops are a form of sight-seeing. And yes, buying things in pink is super duper easy. I am quite a fussy shopper. I dont buy black or green. I dont buy bags with round handles (only those with flat handles for easy carrying). I dont buy heels without strips. I dont buy stuff that I think make me look fat (in fact I went to a shop and tried over 10 pieces of clothing but jus couldnt get any because I think they make me look fat).
I remembered feeling that I should change out of the clothing that I was wearing. And yes, better shopping than HK. And its not their biggest mall, such as El Corte Ingles, that is great shopping. Its their local brands, small shops that are the jewel of all shops. Though it seems as if everyone who walks into El Corte Ingles walk out with their carrier bags.
Pain caused by the slippers from excessive walking and heavy shopping bags didnt deter more shopping.
My first (shared) meal in Europe is banana ice cream with hot waffles coated with chocolate (Euro1.25/person). Great.
And of course we got curious of the Chinese-looking word that we see almost everywhere- "Caixa". The cashier, the ATMS, the shops, even the chocolates carry this "Caixa" name. My guess is that it has something to do with cash, even though I am not quite sure if it means there is cash inside the chocolate. Other guesses include "Caixa" is a brand name. I came Home and searched the translation book belonging to Mr and Mrs Jordi. Because sometimes "Caixa" comes under "Caja" behind the cashier, so I checked the meaning of "Caja" was cash desk. This explained the photos with all the "Caixa" in them.
Not a Harry Potter fan, but my sister is, explaining the series of Harry-related photos.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home