Thursday, September 08, 2005

Felt rather displaced today. Of no apparent reason. Ok maybe I jus wanted to deny.

Anyway I have since recovered from the surprise email my supervisor send me last night. Instead, I now wish she will see me tomorrow! Yes tomorrow. The reason being, I have done much (though can do abit here, abit there somemore) and reckoned that I will be rather free next week since there is jus a couple of pending project discussions. And each time after meeting her, I would have loads of work to do. With no plans for saturday, I wish I can meet her tomorrow!!! Yes, so the dumb-me is waiting for her reply. *pray hard* Otherwise the Plan-B of Saturday will be - jog, sleep, hang around in the house, watch repeated Zhen Qing, watch 7pm show, feel guilty for doing nothing for the whole day and start to read 2 pages of my notes, sleep. Yes all in that order. Pathetic, dull and hopeless.

Met SM for dinner tonight. Working life can be so interesting - with no homework. But I reckoned that the single-me (if using the projecting- of- future- cashflow from current earnings' potential, I probably be still single as of 1 year from now) would be bored with homework. Hence I concluded, homework (including thesis) is my boyfriend. Great, he asks me out everyday, he is always with me, he is the last person I talk to before going to bed...

Anyway, I enjoyed today's GSM class also. Though I was really tired such that I think I can barely open my eyes. But the presentations are interesting. And after 6 weeks in school and 5 GSM classes, I didnt know we have a Korean guy in our class. As in I dont know. I never seen Koreans in person. They are always the people in TV. The glamous guys in suits and gel hair; the weak-and-puppy-looking girls who cant stop crying. Totally agree that sometimes they stare at each other too long that there is hardly any conversation in 5 minutes of airtime. But I still like it. Like the scenery, the food, the nice people (Yuan Bin is the first and almost always favourite), the tragic storyplot and romantic theme songs. Anyway the Korean guy is Min Kyung Seok. He is tall, jus like all other korean guys in TV. He speaks slowly but super duper fluent English. THE! I think I am living in my own world. I dont even know who is in my class! And the thing about guys is that I get attracted to their intelligence, not looks. Yes of course I will give them a second glare if they are handsome, but intelligent guys make me want to know them more. I have worked with people from different nationalities in project work, including Vietnam, Mauritius, China, US, Europe (yes not Norway, its Europe). Have classmates from HK (though she is the super duper homework kind who doesnt shop. what a pity), Norway, Germany... But I have never worked with people from Japan or Korea. I thought they belong to a rather enclosed culture until recently. But listening to him explain about Samsung (korean brand), I am attracted to him. I can sit there quietly and listen without falling asleep. I wonder if I would to go on an exchange/ any overseas assignments (if possible), would I be able to talk about SIA or Hyflux in that same way. Ya, so maybe that is why I got attracted to this MKS. How to pronouce ar? Anyway when other members of his group speak, I was wondering if he uses MSN, if he eats Chinese food with chopsticks and if he likes our local TV. Jus like if I would to go to Korea, I would like their food (looking at how crazy I am with their instant noodles), I would like their scenary and their TV drama.

Still waiting for my supervisor to reply.

If there is one thing I want to tell you today,
Maybe I am inapparently all displaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home