Big news. My supervisor is back. Rather, she is back!!! Was shocked when I saw her email. Opened it and she said she is back in town, asking me how are things and she is looking forward to meeting me next week. Great. I was feeling relieved after handing in my 4 pages Thesis thingy this morning and was thinking that I could get by these few days pretty free. Even though of a birthday lunch with my friends, a birthday dinner with my family and throw in a mini- shopping spree. Was even thinking that I should dress up more these few days. Now the stress came back. Not that she is scary. In fact, she is really a nice lady. Jus that when she is away, I feel so "free", taking my time to do my work. Something like when the king is away, all the servants are happy. Now that she is back, I will feel the heat again! And the procedure is, few days before each meeting, I would email her all the stuff that I have done, update her on my progress. Then when we meet, she would point out stuff that she doesnt understand, things that she thought I should improve on, things that she thought I can look into. All these add up to work, stress and sudden dumping of all emotions. Each time I walked out from her office, I would feel (1) stressed and ended up crying in the library, (2) relieved because the next meeting will be days or weeks later and (3) depressed. Oh and we would arrange for the next meeting day. But of course, it also means that she is concerned about me and I love that. Love concerns and attention.
Anyway another surprise was a gift from ND. Went into the LT, sat down and he was passing me the keychain he bought. Thanks! And yap, its pink in colour (though it looks like orange in colour from the side)! *smucks*
Thats the keychain from ND. Like it because (1) its a keychain (2) its pink in colour and (3) its customized, i.e. no one will have something like that *smucks*
Talking about gifts I like. Actually they are all trivial stuff that probably wouldnt cost much. I think gifts come in two forms. One, the expensive stuff the receiver will like. Two, very sincere stuff that the receiver would like, if the receiver is me.
If there is one thing I want to tell you today,
Thinking about you.
~ HK sharing
Continued with the Shen Zhen trip. Dumb me, its almost 2 months since I am back and I am still rattling her. But another reason is because I have been too lazy and busy to write it all at once, unlike when I went to China
While after breakfast, we went around the building. Except the eataries, the other shops are not opened yet. But we were rather shocked when we saw that prices there were as steep as those in HK. So we reckoned that probably if we go further, prices will drop.
Decided to take a cab to this place called Dong Meng. Erm your friend said that we can get much stuff there. Thought that since we saw that 5-star hotel and thought it would be safe to call for a cab there. So decided to walk towards that building. Erm as we walked along, on our right, there are many buses. Mini buses. I didnt think much of it, because I wasnt "warmed" up yet. Jus thought I was really dragging my feet and body. You wanted to go there and take a look so I followed. Then saw the words "Dong Meng" on the bus. Woo! Following the breakfast, this is the second excitement of the day. So went around searching the ticket booth. Because both of us thought that we have to buy the tickets from some booth before taking the bus. So when we saw this guy sitting under a big umbrella behind a table, we thought he should be the one. Went over but dont know what is it meant for. Finally followed the rest and boarded the bus. Erm ok pay as you board the bus, jus that there is someone to collect from you, rather than throwing money down the bin. So we sat down and looked blended into the environment. We dont look like tourists. Which I think makes the biggest differences as to why we dont have horror stories to tell. Anyway I reckoned there is this guy who kept staring at us. Was quite bothered, but didnt point it out. Jus acted normal. Anyway when the bus was about to start, you went over (after much coaxing) to look at the map. Dong Meng was the 5th stop.....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home