Super excited because finally at one sitting, I finished the journal on China trip of 19.7 MB, a total of 78 pages (almost like what an Honours thesis required). 18,856 words, 569 paragraphs, 2,501 lines on and on and on :)
Thought every bit of the China trip memory would be in there. Quickly burn it and those photos into a CD. Will start uploading some interesting parts... Btw, the china journal is titled
Traveling around China
ROADS are dusty, misty. In Suzhou, Hangzhou, they have bicycle lanes as well.
TRAFFIC is messy, don’t know when to cross, cars go in opposite directions as Singapore, and they don’t look out for people like you. I am afraid of crossing roads in Singapore already, so crossing roads there is bad for me. Always have to hold hands to do so.
BANNERS A lot of banners can be seen along the roads and expressways in Suzhou and Hangzhou as well. Banners that promote road safely, fire safely, building a home, developing their homes etc.
ADS In Shanghai, everything is almost like in China. Large, colourful and interesting ads, mostly of foreign investment, brands that we will know too. Also they have those big, rectangular signs that advertise mostly foreign brands and those wordings on the buildings (like IKEA) are in Chinese.
HOUSES In Suzhou, Hangzhou, those sub- urban areas, it is clear enough to know which household is richer than the rest by looking at the materials used to building, especially the roof tiles.
Surprises in china
4 STAR HOTEL IN PUTUO SHAN ISLAND is much better than those in other areas. Same thing as like the hotel in Huang Shan.
DAVID BECKAM IN HUANG SHAN Super surprised to find a huge poster hanging over a building (think owned by China Telecom or something) while in Huang Shan. Even he is there. Miracle of the media.
LAO JIE IN HUANG SHAN Another miracle of human. Stunned to find that they have such a shopping street in Huang Shan too. Sells lots of handy crafts stuff that could be quite beautiful and memorable.
BEAUTIFUL HUANG SHAN + the wonderful and cooling weather. Nothing can be better than being on top of the mountains. If you ask me, I would tell you the 6 hours coach ride, including the bumpy times and the eye- opening and disgusting toilet visits are all worth it.
TOILET IN HUNAG SHAN Good enough for relaxing toilet visit. Water from the tap is real cooling. Gives you the extra refreshing feeling you never get enough of.
BREATHING TAKING SHANGHAI ORIENTAL PEARL TOWER Especially the outdoor viewing area. I still don’t know where in Singapore to find such a tall and gorgeous spot to overlook our island.
Shocks in china
BEGGAR Even though I would like to give money to them, we were told not to because there might be other beggars that would pester you when they see you giving money.
TOILET The thing about the toilet- you can hear how disgusting from me, you can read what I write, but I still think the experience will tell you all. Don’t avoid such an experience even though it is nothing near beautiful because I find that even going to the worse toilet teaches you something. It makes you more appreciative of what you have in Singapore. I don’t feel comfortable to going to toilets in coffee shops in the past, but now if I really have to, I would. And just last week I did. I find that there is nothing more of a dirty toilet that I can’t take it already.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home