Going back to college to meet up with my friends tomorrow. Anyway this is another bit about china..
Hotels
5 HOTELS FOR 9 NIGHTS
THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE YOU GET YOUR ROOM KEYS Important numbers that you need to survive through the nights. The room number that your tour guide is staying; how to make internal phone calls; numbers to the housekeeping unit in the hotel; which floor the restaurant is located; if there is toilet in the lobby (there isn’t toilet in the lobby of the hotel we stayed in Shanghai).
NIGHT VISITS BY JUN HAU Often he would knock on our doors (once he called) to see if we need help. Of course I need more help than others. *Haha*
AMAZING RACE Because we share our stuff (shampoos) so we have to run between two adjacent rooms to get our stuff. Plus we often leave our luggage at the hotels while we ventured to eg Putuo Shan Island and Huang Shan, so the unpacking and packing of clothing each night is like Amazing Race. Be accurate and fast. Quite fun to think of that. At least I never got tired of doing it again and again.
ROOM TEMPERATURE At Putuo Shan Island, I didn’t even dare to open the windows. No air cond for me that night also. And often in other parts of China, a temperature of 26?C is good enough for me since it is cold outside. But I heard them complaining of that temperature (cannot change as it is controlled centrally)
HOUSEKEEPING Good for me, don’t have to do my bed, bothered about those hotel towels that I threw on the floor (because it is too cold to walk barefooted)
TV At least 20 channels to go about, so don’t sleep too early. And that is always why you never would think about what’s on TV in Singapore. Can catch up with sleep when you are back with your Channel 8 and U.
WATER & HAIR DRYER It is a very troublesome thing to ask for boil water and always they either have hot water or cold water. No lukewarm water. But never mind since I am too lazy to boil water myself. And, if they don’t have hair dryer, you can ask for it. Though sometimes they have a time limit after which you have to pay for using it.
TOWELS I don’t use the hotel towels to clean myself. While, they have other uses- lay them on the floor, dry my feet
4 * HOTELS IN PUTUO SHAN ISLAND & HUANG SHAN means the facilities in the rooms are better, and often they have hair dryer for you (in Putuo Shan Island). But I feel that even 3 * hotels in China are alright, so you don’t have to waste money on wanting to stay in 4 *.
Toilet in china
WALLS Sometimes I don’t know why they are comfortable with the low walls for toilet cubicle. Especially when you have your menstruation, I don’t know how you can feel relaxed during toilet visit. In fact, such toilet visits are the most stressful thing for me throughout the trip. That’s why I still like hotel toilets even though you can hear the next room occupant flash before you do.
DOORS Can you do your toilet business in peace if it doesn’t come with a door? Super stressed! So be appreciative if you come across doors that can’t lock. Get something to guard for you.
HOLE Not a toilet bowl but just a black hole that you felt like throwing up just looking at it
DRAIN Neither a toilet bowl not a hole, those toilets that are like drains are also as bad. Everything from the last cubicle would flow to the first one, so pray hard you don’t get the first cubicle.
FLUSH Don’t breathe and try very best not to look down, because it is super disgusting. I am always traumatized after each such visit.
TOILET PAPER In better places, the toilet paper provided is good for use. In some places, especially those petrol stations, the toilet paper they provide are as rough as the floor. Trust me! I should have taken one home or take a photo of it. By looking at the photo, you would already know how rough it is. Not a very nice thing to use.
“ Despite no good words about most toilets in China from me, I feel that the toilet itself is China’s most honest attraction. It is not manufactured and it paints the picture of China just so well. If you come back from China and never know how their bad toilets are, then I wonder if you took the right flight to the right country or not…”
“Toilets in those sub- urban country sides are known as Mao Che. You would see a little, short building in the middle of the field with a small wooden door and you know it is their toilet. I don’t think I have been to the worse, because these Mao Che which never have flash (I don’t think they have right?) would be much worse…”
Stars
POPULAR STARS S.H.E is super popular; their drinks ads are plastered at those bus stops in Shanghai. Wang Lee Hom in Huang Shan (on the day that I left Shanghai, he is holding concert there). David Beckham in Huang Shan.
My 11 days fast fact sheet
My savior drink in china
Coca Cola
My savior sweet/ necessity in china
Mentos- strong mint,Halls- Honey Lemon favour, VitaminC
My night entertainment in china
TV
My favourite brand in china
Meters Bonwe
The song I had it singing in my head
Lonely Northern Global Part by Ocean. (Had the lyrics copied in my journal)
The things I have grown tired to do in china
Eat.
Visit the loo. (till now 09th July 2004, I felt a chore to visit toilets because I lost counts of how many times I visit the toilet in a day in China.)
The things I never grow tired to do in china
Taking photos.
Looking at some oriental, tradition or ancient Chinese stuff. (Yes, those red, red stuff that I thought I don’t like them, but I do)
Listening to (some of them) Chinese history.
Temples visit
Listening to those historical events that happened before (sometimes and that is the better thing on joining a tour)
Overlook the mountains at Huang Shan.
Shopping, especially at Meters Bonwe or Nanjing Road.
Watching late night TV.
Looking out from Shanghai Oriental Towers.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home