That I was thinking, why do we spend so much of our time in life doing the same few things. Of the years when we are young and able, we spend all our time in the little seat cubicle in a boxed environment and forget about the pace of life or even how good it feels to smell the sun and wind. Then of years of old ages why do we then drag our tired feet and body to smell life out there.
And why do we even pick out only the prettiest and perfect in-the-human-standard while wasting the others that don't make the cut, and in the process forget about everything natural? I was watching this documentary clip on how manufacturer chose the perfect apples to sell while discarding the remaining so-called ugly apples as apple juice. I know it makes sense that it didnt matter what kind of apples goes into making juices, but it does matter that the logic isn't right. We wax and keep the apples look good, all so that they look good? We forget about the natural but care only about making them last (by putting loads of chemicals into them) or picking only the prettiest one out. They dont make sense to me.



2 Comments:
I like your this post.
I think we humans love to pick the prettiest things to consume. Like if there are two books on the shelf, one is of a better condition than the other, we would buy the better looking one. Because they sell at the same price. Now, what if the not too pretty one does not fetch the same price, would you mind paying less to get a less prettier product?
I think that has to do with capitalism. Or just our DNA. We seldom look at the bigger picture. Always about what "I want"?
I think you express the idea in a better way than I did. I was more emotional, because after having seen how we forgo natural and went to great lengths to pick only the prettiest stuff, I felt wrong.
Yap it must be the capitalism. Because like your illustration, I would have gotten the better looking one but if at a lower price, I will be glad to pick the less prettier one. And so from an organisation point of view I guess that's how so too?
Post a Comment
<< Home