Thursday, November 25, 2010

I received an email I sent to myself. The thing is, I don't know about you, but I always send emails to myself, either to remind me to borrow a book from the library or to transfer information from one laptop to another (I know the thumb drive exists but what's easier than emailing yourself).

But the email I received from myself today was sent 5 years ago, part of the Forbes email time capsule project.

I couldn't possibly have remembered having participated in this project so when I saw the unread 1 email sent by capsule, with the title of Where are you now, I really associated it with some spam or another.

It must be amazingly refreshing to be reading what I thought of, and wrote down for myself 5 years ago. I sounded chirpy in the email and I now half believed that I could actually remember that day, that moment when I penned down the though-somehow-young-but-at-the-same-time-mature-in-the-thinking email. The email touched on the stuff that were important to me, at that age and from all along.

So thanks to that email that I wrote 5 years ago.

I made my day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Wilfrid said...

Wow .. me too! I send email to myself to remind me of things, or just some quick notes!

10:48 PM  
Blogger siying said...

hahah! i knew i cant be the only one :) yap a great reminder !

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home