Of sheer coincidences, I had been eating food from the memory/past. From mini steamboat in Katong to fried chicken in City Plaza and wanton noodles and HK dim sum in Sunshine Plaza. But this has to be the oldest past- Balmoral Bakery's cakes and puffs from childhood/primary school. After work, Mum used to get us pastries from the bakery. Walking into the now-renovated shop, we were overwhelmed by the smell, and excited over the range of pastries that we could still remember eating. In the end, we gotten $10 worth of samosa, sausage roll (my favourite!), chicken pie, old school chocolate cakes and cream cakes. I never quite fancy other cakes but this, we could/did finish them in a night. The only thing missing was (custard and cream) puffs.
But the thing about food from the past was that they always taste better in memories, I dont know why. More often than not, other than the anticipation of finally-tasting them again, I dont quite enjoy the feeling of recalling how much better they used to taste like. And life, is about being brave/adventurous and living in the present so I guess most of the time it would be good to acquire new tastes.
And, we also had:
![]() |




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home