For patience, determination and courage, the race is long and for things will get better.
For spending more time at home as well, I am thankful and appreciative of the care and companionship that my family has given me.
And all the fun while cooking and eating, watching never-ending tv dramas, rumbling in korean, gardening and msn-ing.
I fell in love with the mountains, blue skies and clouds (and wheat beer) this year, and of course I still love taking the trains and going on trips alone.
I supposed I will continue to discover more of those that I will fall in love with as I continue to explore the bigger world out there. Beyond the skies and sea, beyond the cities.
The list gets longer and I am sure one day I will tick them one by one- Vietnam, Norway and Sweden, St Ives, Brittany...
The most northern post office, the fishing villages, the cliff + coast.
I love the fact that it is something I look forward to.
Sometimes I imagined myself in the lavender fields, sometimes I imagined myself jumping off the cliff for a swim, sometimes I imagine myself living in Paris.
Sometimes I feel as if swimming is a routine and I lose motivation doing it weeks after weeks. But when I adjust my pace, everything is back in place again. And most of the time the icy waters (or the sunshine) perk me up, the depth of water calms me down, and I look forward to the blue sky beyond the windows.
More importantly if you kick the waters hard enough, you wouldn't notice it is a rainy day. Which is rather representative of the past year- stop the discouragement, crying or whining but live bravely.
It's definitely not true that you will always feel better by talking things through.
There will always be people who know how to reach you, such as calling your land line- when they want something from you.
Most friendships are transitional, and they come with expiry dates. Sometimes it's safe to go beyond that date, other times it's best to leave at the peak. And (most of the time), I believe that you can't save a glass of milk that has already turned sour- there is always the aftertaste. Just learn to cope with it and move on.
For again if it has been so important in the first place, it wouldn't have a chance for all that.
1. Believe, be patient and be brave.
2. There is always a pace suitable for you- you need not run to catch up with those who left you behind.
3. Treat people with sincerity but always expect not to get anything back.
4. If you stop being curious and stop asking questions, things normally get easier.
5. If you lose something, think of those times when you never had it.
6. Always remember the reasons for making a decision- so that you will not have regrets after that.
7. Get off the stage without the encores- if you know that is the end.
8. The blood type is not important- a wrong is always a wrong.
For all the things I want to do- to be able to wish for them to come true:
1. The B
2. The P or the C
3. Travel (alone + with the family)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home