Ichiban Boshi is not for me, and perhaps alot other Japanese restaurant isnt working for me. IB doesnt woo me, it doesnt leave me satisfied and in fact I feel increasingly dejected for the week, if not for the subsequent knowledge meeting that I attended. While I might have ordered possibly-their-not-famous-for dish called the Ichiban Soba but I still dont feel like giving it another chance (to disappoint me) anyway. I like japanese food because it is japanese food, so its hard for me to accept duck and the similarly thai-chilli-sauce as part of the dish. And why is cold soba not cold at all. I supposed not jus IB that I didnt buy. I could have tried and for a while enjoyed the fried yaki ramen from the Japanese store at Suntec's Food Republic, but after a while, it was still second to my favorite brand, and I could hardly desire for it alot.
What I like doesnt have to be the best, but because I like, it is the best to me.
So regardless if its the zen like environment, the familar brown colour and organised menu, or the salmon belly soup/fried yaki soba/ cold ramen salad/ set rice that I always cant decide, it is still the place for me. The comfort food, I supposed.
Everything else seems to be novelty/next best alternative/good try.
Sometimes I wonder if I am not trying hard enough, yet again, why do I have to try so hard for everything.
Like my increasing discomfort with my inability to engage in natural and successful small talks. Topics dont follow naturally to me (or is it because I hadnt feel familiar with the other party), not because I have nothing inside my brain to talk about. I am sure I can talk about my 3km morning runs, my 30 laps over lunch, my wheet bix and milk lunch, my love for fashion and coke and holiday and jay chou and ipod and sweat-for-sports and sushi tei and anything pink and the national day rally, the olympics game, and my blog yes (but who even bother about all these). Rather it jus takes alot for me to feel natural making small talks, and to be able to do it. Those moments in life that critically need me to speak up so that the situation/I do(es) not feel so weird- accidential bumps in the toilets, queuing behind the sink waiting to wash my water bottle, waiting for the lift that-never-seems-to-come, gatherings and parties- jus didnt see me talking. Maybe 30 seconds and thats all I naturally last.
I am trying but each time there is a limited number of tries I can make without excessively exhausting myself.
I want to cry, can I even be all these that I try.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home