Thursday, June 19, 2008


And so the first sight I had out of the Seng Kang train station was Randel and his smile. And Sally and her smile. Randel and Sally, Sally and Randel. Whom I have met at Wien Südbahnhof where we were all making our way to Prague. And spend 3 days shopping, eating and sightseing in Prague.

It feels as if I am brought back to Prague, jus that this time round, its in the Compass Point Shopping mall, with lots of chinese food and not in Prague whereby we made do with Viet and China styled chinese dishes. Its neither raining and we dont need to drink out of the mineral water bottles. We could have Japense bento, tom yam noodles and Rojak in a meal altogether.

Its so nice to see you, Randel told me. Everything was worth it, to travel to Seng Kang, to haunt for their favourite green tea (guess in the end where did I get that last box!) and dao sau bing and bong bing. The paper made frame holding the photo of the three of us in No. 26 Wenceslas Apartment Praha and me in my long hair.

I talked about my boring days since I came back from Europe while trying to sound interesting. I talked about my regular swims and unfutile shopping trips back home. I talked about my days in Paris 2007.

Sally told me about using olive oil to treat my hair thats damanged from too much of pool water. Sally told me about their daughter's November wedding. Sally told me about her daily diet of ice kacang until she doesnt want it anymore. Sally told me about how warm Singapore is to her and Sally told me about her possible Taiwan holiday next year. Sally told me my hair is nice and it suits me. Sally told me my dress is nice and Randel said that Sally didnt feel like going out because its way too hot. And how Sally buys food for Randel and how Randel looked out for Sally because she is all confused over the food court seating.

It was like Prague all over again. It was like happy holiday for me all over again. I was eating, I was talking, I was smiling, and I was taking photos.

Which makes me dislike hugging and saying goodbyes. Only easier this time because I am heading home and not an empty hotel room.

If eveything happens for a reason, I am glad whatever reason it was that allows me to meet Sally and Randel.

Siying wishing that she is signing off from Prague.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home