Tonight is the night to look forward to, the night that got me hang onto the hard and long week at work. We are among those who clings on life outside of work to get us the motivation to work, I dont know if you are. The dinner (sure to be good even if we hadnt decide), and the presents-exchanging. Not forgetting the Jay concert DVD.
Previous days already yielded much suggestions for dinner- Arnold's fried chicken, T3's popeye, Parkway Parade steamboat (and before that was Golden Mile steamboat, Sushi Tei and Crystal Jade). The obbession for steamboat grew and there seems no other place for steamboat better than PP.
And so it was a night of classical blur friends.
The moment someone dashed out of office, I knew it because I got a call. I can smell freedom and life outside of work already, even if I am still in office. It was a mad rush for me actually, because after the train ride, it wasnt long that the bus came. I was told to make it to Convention Hall within 5 minutes. I grabbed my bag and dashed out for the bus stop.
Jus as I arrived there, I was told the bus was turning around the corner. Was even given the bus number place jus in case I board the wrong bus. And so I board the bus and smiled.
Very interestingly, I was being walked passed and both of us stood next to each other by the alighting door. I was facing the back and catching my breathe, and wondering why the pretend didnt see me behaviour. Then my handphone rang. The person in front of me (other than keep looking at the people at the bus stop and wondering if I have board the bus in front of bus36) has to call me because I was told that the impression I give people is very blur (and it is totally likely that I board the wrong bus). Of course it was blur-say-blur talk. Laughed like crazy and I have to be reminded that I dragged someone round and round taking the train in Bangkok and will always be remembered because everyone was already tired and dirty and also because when I became the follower instead, we got onto the first right train back to hotel. Revenge talk.
Very interestingly again, I have to ask when we must alight when the bus jus come to the PP stop. I got off and where is PP? I have to explain that it was because I very long never come already but it seems useless because I was told I very long never come also.
The 2-person portion steamboat set and the small fried rice, the same food we had when we came here back then. We were, very interestingly, given the same table and each of us naturally took the same seat again. It was everything also have to divide into half, the fried rice dont know why but is very nice to eat, the dong fen also very nice to eat, I still got a cup of drink to finish because we dont waste food. We were eating like illegal immigrants, full until cant be anymore full, dont know why always come here to eat is have to eat until the stomach wants to burst. Its down to the last few strands of dong feng that I was told was mine, the mushroom must cut into half, and everyone jus fight for the smaller dumpling, the smaller prawn. Walked past the Thai Resturant and everyone jus fight to treat each other to buffet dinner, the second round. Haha.
Walked to East Coast Park, but no breeze. Sat at Burger King but not comfortable enough. Decided to get deserts. Even though we were thinking of PP's ice cream, but with no place to sit, was decided that we can go S for deserts if we get a cab. We got a cab and so we had waffles. I love strawberry ice cream with waffles. Totally forget about what fat or what laps or how many km.
The presents exchange. I got my Jay concert DVD, a can of potato chips with Jay's face on it (I never buy for other people, only you have, see already also know must buy for you), 4 tins of biscuits, and one box of honey pomelo dip. And the Lush Retread Made-in-Japan very good for hair, very expensive, so hard to carry back until got leaked conditioner. Made me happy.
And someone gotten the H&M white belt (you know what I like, I happen to be looking for white belt), M&M tennis ball (cute), tin of colourful sweets, strands of rainbow twists (this one I see already dont know nice or not to eat I also will buy one), half tin of M&M, one mini tub of peanut butter, some black tea, mixture of toffee, chocolate mint, Trident bubble gum, a pack of (very spicy) chewing gum. And the lemon tea that someone wants to drink as a reward for gym tomorrow. And the sealed pop corn. In that signature H&M white carrier and yellow NY Times Square M&M carrier with the JetBlue luggage tag.
The dinner, and the night ended.
So has the highlight of my all-working week.
Come tomorrow and Sunday for alot of hours of sleep, a run (if any especially when I left my jogging shoes in office), and Jie Lun. My hair will be soaking in the soya milk (if you never tell me I would think is food leh) conditioner.
If you still hadnt know, Jie Lun, is my (invisble) friend. Haha
*
The thing about us is, we both love bimbotic things, and food and fashion and 38 entertainment news. We are those that will drag back of luggage packed filled with clothing and food when we go holiday. We get excited over shampoo we dont get here, we get excited over fashion we dont have here, we get excited over exotic tastes we dont get here. Even though I am quite convinced you were the teacher of me.
Sometimes I feel that we go on holidays to see the world for each other. Isnt it nice with all these presents-exchange, to think of what to get and to look forward to what to receive. Like I was promised Jie Lun tee if can find which became Jie Lun chips and DVD.
There is talk that your NY trip is next year. Cool (your turn to H&M-ing)!
Hope we do holiday again this year, because this is what makes us look forward to what we think are meaningless lives!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home