Monday, December 31, 2007









2007
I guess when you leave school, the years will go by with lesser distinctive features to distinguish them apart. I dont think 2007 is as worthy to remember, in terms of the dramatic impact it left in my life, yet again I cant possibly remember only the beautiful of 2007 and discard the less than perfect. And I guess each day, each year in itself is worth remembering.

2007 saw me travelling to Europe and largely on my own, which I think is one of the biggest evidences that I am moving towards independence much more than I think I can. 2007 also see that what's lost might jus not meant to be, its lost and found then lost eventually. 2007 also sees me enjoying more sports. And I hope 2007's hard work will bring a smile in January 2008.

But reallly, I dont really like year end. It tends to bring out all the feeling of sadness more than happiness to me. I tend to miss those who are somehow no longer in my life more. I feel most lost for the coming year rather than feeling more of anticipation.

But still, this is my 2007.

2007's Exam
Something I want to do, something I did. I hope it brings good news and I hope I have enough to go on to Level 2 and 3.

2007's Europe
I went to Barcelona, to Paris, to London to Bath and back. I like the bustling and colourful Barcelona, I like the shopping in Barcelona, and I will always remember it was where we had the last memories of our friendship. I like the museum in Paris, I like it how easy I seem to be with the trains and how warm Aunt makes me feel. Now that I think about it, I actually like the mist and cold weather of Paris. I dont like how modern and noisy and wet and expensive London is, like how I said I dont like of London, but I guess I like it being the center of attention. I like how english-ly Bath is, I like how small Bath is, I like how fresh the air in Bath is.

And I like how I think I am more independent.

2007's Lost and found and lost and
nil

2007's With the gals
Our daily emails are still going on! Its nice to always feel close to friends you want to feel close to. London/Europe, India, Japan, coming Manila, coming New York.... we are placing our footprints on the global map as we grow older (oh my!) and into more years in the corporate world (haha!). Believe or not, you are the very few people from uni that I still keep in contact with (dont ask me why but it turned out so). I really hope our friendships will go on strong and let me still have this little memory lane with the undergraduate times.

2007's Jogging and swimming
I like stretching my limits, I like challenging myself, I like to know that I am not someone that gives up easily, I like to remember that I am alive. And all that, I can achieve by jogging and swimming, by exercising. By doing more than I used to be able or more than what I think I can, to not stop till I work towards my aim. Whether it is a physical or mental challenege, I like to tell myself that if today I can do 5km, I want to believe that there is nothing in life that I should give up without trying. I like to remind myself that I give up only when I give up. When I breathe, when I sweat, when I feel the muscle pain, I feel that I am alive and happier. I am trying to do that 3 times a week, but I dont always have the determination to do so. But still it is something that allows me to drain my energy, to build up my stamina, to breathe hard and remind myself that I am alive and to work hard for. Not forgetting, to lose all the weight that I want to.

2007's Given up
I realise that I am having lesser and lesser hopes. Either it is a good thing because it makes me expect less, or it is a bad thing because there is nothing to hope for. But I guess up till now, I am still alone, and lonely.

2007's Staying close to my beliefs
Maybe we all somehow have to bend and do things that are against our belief, but at least I try. Even if I would to fail all the time, let me try while I am still trying. Maybe one day I will give up on what I believe on. Till then.

2007's Fashion of mine
For months, it was jus whatever-I-am-wearing. After some much needed shopping spree and I look forward to being less kidish/cutish but yet being who I am still. I hope NY and NC have at least something other than winter coats for me! Looking around for some fashion-related courses.

Looking ahead
2006, I did ask for a more enriching life, to be more independent and to be happier. This time, I want to ask for success in life and I dont ask to be more independent. Rather, let me have someone I can depend on. Someone that I really can. I really had enough of people leaving my life, regardless if by death or by course of actions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home