Sunday, April 08, 2007

[v2]

A Sunday that I experienced life again. Not that those Saturdays and Sundays ever since I left school werent life, but somehow I cant put down into words their differences.

Its always Orchard if you let me pick. Orchard is one of my favorite hang-out places. Took bus7 and while waiting to the train station, I called the friend. Somehow our usual practice is we never clearly say where our meeting point is, but we will be nearby. The friend is driving and told me to hang around Wisma. Was looking at clothing when the friend called to ask where am I. It was him whom volunteered to go shopping with me today when I rattled about how that tailor of his isnt open for the Sundays. Not long when I finished browsing that rank of clothing, he pop up. With a new hair and everything new that I hadnt seen before.

I still feel comfortable hanging around with him. Like how he would say "One look and it doesnt suit you. Its easy", "Not nice" with that facial expression and how he laughs when I tried to convert the Euros into SingD. The way I would be taken care of, in that brotherly-and-sisterly manner.

But somehow something has changed. Our interactions were filled with lesser and softer laughters, abit of a lackluster and somehow the sparklings are gone. Either he is burdened with heavy thoughts, he feels something has changed or it was me who's thinking too much. Or maybe all these are natural since the love is no longer there. But I am glad at least we are still friends to each other. Jus that probably the longer we left school, school is no longer is a common bonding topic for us already. As though we need something bigger or greater to get the friendship to smile.

Eventually settled at coffee club for lunch when my (our) pick of Crystal Jade is far too crowded. The previous time we were there, it was much of a difficult period I supposed. Today we were given probably the same seats along that stretch of tables. Jus like how the three times we were at Taka's Crystal Jade, we were given that same seat. Talked about the possible trip, how much we need, how many days to stay where, who to take charge on reading up on which cities and subsequently share with the other. The friend made the orders- washabi salad, lobster spag and honey mustard chicken sandwich. The waiter was about to walk away when he ordered the first two meals, probably thinking we over-eat. But we always managed them. Since I wanted to know how far Harlow is from Hearthrow, we stopped by Kino to look at the maps and the travelling guides, which got me even more excited. Jus how far am I from the trip.

Ended up at another favorite place of mine (ours)- Far East. Didnt get any working clothing but ended up with a pair of shoes. Cool, I love it. I dont usually get happy buying shoes because to me, as long as its comfortable, it comes with the ankle strip that I need (unless its sneakers that I am looking at), it is classy, thats my pair of working shoes. But this pair has a tasteful design that looks modern and unique. The friend ended up with a pair of shoes as well while I was trying on the Levi sneakers. A size too small, else its my kind of sneakers anytime.

The friend said goodbye while as usual, I jus went away.

Till everything becomes more like the past, he is still my best friend?

If there is one thing I want to tell you today
After so much, I hope the friendship will still be the friendship.

P/S- No photos till I get myself a new digi camera. Super argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home