The only leisure of a working life is the weekends when I can afford to do anything I want. When I was studying, going out for dinner or shopping was really a rare occassion. I rather spend the time catching up on TV, sleep or more studying.
Wanted to treat Grandma for a meal and she chose Thai food. So after picking up my sister from school (she is having her Mid term), we went to Golden Mile Complex for dinner. I did some research and decided with GMC because it serves the most authetic Thai food. I bet Thai Express is another popular choice but too crowded over the weekend. While we went to Golden Mile Tower for steamboat (another lovely choice), it was the first time to GMC. We went to Diandin Leluk, a popular choice among food bloggers and its not difficult to know why. A more condusive environment as compared to the rest.

Ice tea ($1.20)- A bit sweet but definitely nice when the ice melts.
Sambal Kang Kong ($6)- Thumbs up.

Tom Yum Soup ($12) - Yummy, but too bad its not boiling hot. I love my soup boiling hot.
Pineapple rice, topped with prawns and pork floss ($8)- Not served like its jus cooked but nice.
Chilli crab ($22)- Grandma's favorite. Nice!
Steamed oat ($10)- A disappointing one.
Pad Thai ($3)- I hadnt tasted any pad thai thats as delicious as what I had in Thai so I didnt find it that fantastic.
Mango salad ($6)- Yummy. Mum loves this. Definitely a bigger portion from Thai Express.
Chendol ($2/bowl)- It comes with a generous portion of green jelly (tube-like and cube-like), red rudy and other jelly-like cubes. Sold jus outside the resturant.
Overall, everyone is happy with what we had for dinner, though it would be nice to have the food served warmer.
Took a walk at the Thai Supermarket on Level 2, and found it less authetic. I couldnt find the food stuff that I bought during my Bangkok trip. Instead, there are 3, 4 shelves dedicated to Korean products, from candy to potato chips. Interesting.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home