Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Yes my dear, it is 12:21 am. Considering the fact that I only had 5.5 hours of sleep last night, and I will have about this amount of sleep tonight, I should NOT be here. But I reckoned the morning incident still hit me hard. That explains why I have this post of "Something that will upset me". Yap.

After being subjected to such "treatment" from a close friend of mine for 2 + years (I never once asked why), the recent similar incident between us sort of escalated into a cold war. Though the longest cold war initated by my dear friend lasted for 2 months, now that my dear friend is no longer around in school, the cold war becomes especially "cold". By that, I mean that it is literally no-words-exchanged, combined with no-sight. Though I am rather sure that it is not the end of it, it still worries me that this cold war has indeed lasted for 13 days already in which we have not exchanged any words since. However, I am rather sure that I shall defend my stand and that it hurts too badly for me to say Hi again. I was literally very upset when my dear friend ignored me in front of a grouo of new colleagues. Since I had always been subjected to such acts, I thought it might be the one last time I could take it.

Frankly, I still think of how my 12 days would be if not for the cold war. I will tell you, if not for the cold war, we would still be talking to each other on MSN for as long as I am in front of the computer. We would talk on the phone as long as the lunch break permits. We would talk on the phone as long as bedtime hadnt crawled in. Yes, we are this close hence each time when such incident happens I get really hurt. Yet I know for some reasons, I remained rather happy throughout the 12 days and that sometimes I felt relieved of the have-to-talk-all-day-long-on-msn and have-to-worry-about-my-phone-bills "burden".

I jus hope that everything would somehow turn out fine the next time we talked, and that things would return to normal. But, I wouldnt be making the first direct move. Its not supposed to be me. But I reckoned that I have to be indirect. Hence my msn nick is "si ying, if you are in the fault, you have to take the chance to take the first move somehow".

Anyway the morning incident was committed by another friend of mine. Hence I was totally upset and looked upset too. When he spoke, I gave super duper zuper brief answers. Yet I know it might not be obvious to him (especially when he is a guy) that I am upset, or that I am upset with him. But I reckoned I should say why.

The reasons for being upset
1. I dont see why you jus cant sit at the blue seat if there are jus 2 of us using the 4 seats.
2. Its so rude.
3. If I am sitting with Mr-air, then why did you bother to sit next to Mr-air?

If there is one thing I want to tell you today
If you are in the fault, you have to take the chance to take the first move somehow. If you are not making the move, I am not making the move. If no one wants to move, then no one needs to move.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Just wanted to give you a bit of a suggestion. If it truly bothers you WHERE people sit, and most people haven't a clue about this, perhaps it would be a good idea to let them know without actually SAYING anything. Just say something like, "Hey, sit right here!" Do it in a way that is not demanding but shows you want them to be closer to you. Nothing has to descend into a "cold war". Good luck!

carol!!!

12:50 AM  
Blogger siying said...

hi carol,
thanks for the suggestion.

erm our weird friendship sees us going in and out of cold war often. anyway my friend is like that. despite being upset or what, deep down i know why and i know he has always been so. jus that i reckoned sometimes i need to let him know that he hadnt been so right to ignore his best friend in front of new colleagues.

erm as for the friend in the morning, i reckoned everyone is real sleepy in the morning. my upset-ness doesnt last me more than a day so i probably be chirpy later :) in fact we were talking about our project over the phone last nite :)

thanks for your comment. i realised most people dont think its a big problem too. its jus me.... :)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home