Saturday, August 31, 2013

there is never a better way to say goodbyes

I took a long walk after the farewell dinner/drinks, and it was a good reflection time.

Finding the pang of sadness too familiar and then I realised it was a mere 7 months ago that I experienced the exact thing, though in a much greater intensity than this.

Because I bid farewell to a place I was in for almost 6.5 years, people whom I interacted fondly with across three different teams I was in, and jus generally the familiarity (actually, everything that I knew at that time).

I didn't think I would be reminded of those emotions so quickly but someone whom I've worked and interacted closely with, throughout the time I was in this no-longer-new place, is leaving.

It didn't feel real but the reality set in after the one-to-one chat we had.

Till the very end, thank you. I will want to remember what you had for me, even up till the very end.

There is, really never a better way to say goodbye, whether you are the one leaving, or the one staying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home