Monday, July 07, 2008

And so I left the office at 5:30pm (happily, even though I worried about walking long distances with the pair of nice-looking-but-not-so-comfortable heels). At least for once I am not heading home.

Dinner is at this almost empty Tanyuto at Liang Court gave us alot of privacy and this little feeling as if we booked the whole place. The white soup is impressive, with herbals swimming around the huge pot. I am easy with food but we each pick some ingredients and ended up with winter melon, raddish, spinach, mix platter of dumplings, sweet potato noodles, fried chicken cubes and abalone mushroom. Everything is great. There is nothing that I dont like, even though I totally cant eat sweet potato. I really have this allergy for anything sweet-potato. And even though initially it came as a surprise that they dont have our normal kind of chilli sauce, their own kind of chilli sauce soon become an addiction. Their kind of chilli sauce consists of a bowl of mix herbals and beans, and the waitress would pour some soup into the bowl (you can add more chilli into it if you want) and it becomes an impressive bowl of sauce that we dipped everything into it.

Because I always thought the fun thing about eating steamboat is playing with food, i.e. all the throwing and stirring and if any splashing of the soup out of the pot, I was a little uncomfortable when the waitress helped us with all that. A few of them in fact stood around us the whole time and it makes us feel uncomfortable while trying to slowly decide which items to order. But generally the whole experience for a tanyuto steamboat that is twice as expensive as my all-time favorite PP (parkway parade) steamboat is great. Would have been excellent if not for the price. You can get 10% off your bill if you dine from now till their official opening date on the 18 July.

I suppose I would go back there again, but definitely not each time I crave for steamboat. Plus the fact that I am custom to the PP taste and special fried rice that at the back of my mind I always think of it somehow.

Then we walked around Clarke Quay. I know I sound super duper zuper impossible, but I have never been to CQ after all those new additions and restaurants and bars and cafes were there. I have never been to Central either. I totally feel like I am a tourist in my own country. I like how I lifted my head and see those pretty fake skies they put up. I like how those bars and cafes look so pretty with their transparent walls and white high chairs. I like how the whole atmosphere makes me feel comfortable, to the point that I think I will fall asleep in that dark environment or trying to read whats on the menu. I guess it took me so long to even come by here was because I never am a night person or a I-have-alot-of-friends person.

Of course I came home with a big blister slap on the foot.

*

I think the days ahead will see me getting more anxious.

*

My colleague asked me why I look happy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home