Thursday, April 27, 2006



I remembered when I first came in Business School, I was alone. Didnt have other people whom I know from college that is going into Bizad. So naturally I didnt quite like the place though I dont dislike it too. It jus feel so unfamiliar to me. And Bizad was jus a school for me. I went for classes and off I go. Because the modules and timetable were given to us and not knowing how to change it, I stuck to a 5-day week. I spent most times in HSS M Library, the business library, alone. I avoided the canteen most of the time because I felt that it was a place that people go with their friends. I dont have friends and that place made this fact more obvious to me. I got intimidated by the crowd (for no reason) and so even if I do take early lunches from the canteen, its always Muslim food. And coming from college, I wasnt quite used to working in project groups. Or rather I dont enjoyed working with so many unfamiliar people. I know its my character too.

I think the module [Management and Organization] was a good-bad thing. It was good because I kinda enjoyed my project group a bit. Thats also when I knew Charles and Christopher, friends from Mauritius. I remembered being very curious about this little island off Africa. It was bad because I didnt find it particularly interesting. It was eventually surprising because I realised I got an A for it, the only A for my first semester. And our group leader was Sumei, a very dedicated and resourceful one.

[Introduction to Statistics] was horrible. I dont like statistics nor my irritating group mate who insisted on rehearsing numerous times for presentations. I dislike it most when this person never stop calling me.

[Marketing] was quite interesting till I gotten a B- for it and realised I wasnt quite cut for it. I was interested in this module because my dad took marketing courses in the past. Being the daughter of a marketing manager, I supposed I would do well. The project was quite a new thing. I remembered we did a product of a shoe whereby its sole are filled with medicine. It was also a module in which I could ask my dad for a lot of inputs, becoming our common conversation. And yes after that B-, I knew I should keep myself off the bounds of marketing. Maybe my ideas arent good enough. Not forgetting Jeremy who was our leader.

[Legal environment of business] should be well-liked by many because it was a light module. Me too though I thought it was quite interesting. Then again, I dont usually get correct answers for my tutorial questions. But the tutor is really friendly.

I still remembered the first class of [Financial accounting] lecture and tutorial. I was late for lecture, my first lecture in Bizad. Bus 96 was too packed. And I did the wrong set of questions for my first tutorial. I worked very hard for this module because I knew I was bad at balancing figures. I always joked that if I ever become an accountant, the company has to go because the accounts are carelessly but truly a fraud. I also joked that I have to "put in the missing money from my own pocket" because I never could balance anything. And not forgetting the fact that I wasnt good at numbers. But yes, I often waited outside the tutor's office and bombed her with so many questions. She was very patient with me, and so I didnt give up. My project group was quite good since we had a member whose sister is an accountant (read: she helped us answer our questions).

Frankly speaking I couldnt quite remember most of the people that I worked with. And for most, we parted when the projects ended. During the holidays, I worked in Borders with one of my friends from the college, checked my results late (because I didnt know when was the Results Day) and worried over module registration for the next semester. And of course cried the moment I checked my results. I didnt know what kind of results was good but I knew mine wasnt. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home